Senior Marketing Manager
A brand-new role reporting to the Head of Marketing, in a newly forming team, you will be responsible for contributing to the development of an overarching Ascot Lloyd marketing strategy, shaping an operational marketing plan to budget and leading the delivery through a team of channel-focused marketing executives. You will be assessing marketing effectiveness on all operational marketing activities and reporting ROI.
You will be responsible for leading and motivating a team to be highly engaged, creative, and innovative and deliver results, and enjoy working in a fast changing environment.
- Help shape the marketing strategy and operational marketing plan.
- Support the budgeting exercise.
- Manage the delivery of the operational marketing plan across different channels setting KPIs for specific lead generation and retention activity.
- Carry out competitor analysis and market reviews to understand market challenges and opportunities and inform the marketing strategy and plan.
- Support and deliver customer research initiatives providing insight into marketing activity.
- Define client segments and targeting for marketing and campaign activity.
- Manage the day to day priorities of the team.
- Develop campaign strategies and creative ideas to appeal to different audiences and bring the Ascot Lloyd brand to life.
- Evaluate marketing activities and report on results demonstrating ROI.
- Motivate and lead the team to ensure positive engagement and performance.
- Manage agency relationships day to day ensuring partners are well briefed and budget is spent appropriately.
- Work across the team collaboratively to integrate digital and corporate communications.
- Build supportive and collaborative relationships widely across the business and ensure integration with sales force activity.
- Manage the delivery of NPS to test and understand client satisfaction.
Experience & core skills
- At least five years’ general marketing experience in B2B and B2C markets with commercial astuteness.
- CIM or equivalent qualified.
- Direct and indirect marketing experience across all channels.
- Preferably financial services marketing experience if not service marketing.
- Experience of working in regulated market.
- Experience working with a sales force.
- Marketing agency and supplier management experience.
- Budget management.
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to develop reports and marketing MI.
- Creative thinker able to come up with fresh and innovative ideas.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- People management experience with motivational and performance management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Results-driven, can-do attitude and desire to work in fast changing environment.
Ascot Lloyd values
All Ascot Lloyd employees are expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to our core values:
- We pride ourselves on our commitment to support career development for all our employees.
- We welcome feedback and use this valuable insight to help shape future business decisions.
- We aim to exceed clients’ expectations.
- We implement comprehensive, flexible solutions to ensure they reflect the changing needs of our clients.
- We are dedicated to building tailored, lasting relationships, with our clients and their wider families.
- We pride ourselves in independence to deliver unbiased solutions.
- We respect everyone we work with internally and externally and have total confidence in our colleagues’ capabilities.
- We are committed to building a sustainable business that preserves the wealth of our clients.
- We do not make assumptions and take time to listen to the needs of our clients.
- We are open and honest with each other ether as a team to deliver a consistently excellent service to our clients.
- We honour our commitments and deliver what we say we will to our clients and everyone else we come into contact with.