IT Support Technician
Reporting to: IT, Infrastructure and Facilities Manager
Location: Wolverhampton based with flexibility to travel to other offices in the UK
Working as part of the Company’s in-house IT team, the main focus of this position is to assist the IT, Infrastructure and Facilities Manager in the provision of IT services and facilities management for the Ascot Lloyd staff and property portfolio.
- Liaising with the HR Department and Line Managers across the business regarding hardware requirements and set up for new starters and leavers
- Moving and setting up workstations, including cabling
- Preparing and maintaining a full inventory of IT hardware across the Company making proposals for and dealing with asset recycling as appropriate
- Acting as the first point of escalation for the Company’s outsourced IT provider regarding end user issues
- Review and management of service issues with escalation to the IT, Infrastructure and Facilities Manager as required
- Liaison with the Company’s third party providers for IT support, telephony and printers/scanners as appropriate
- Overseeing the ordering of new IT hardware across the Company as authorised by the IT, Infrastructure and Facilities Manager
- Working alongside the Office Support Manager for facilities and buildings support as required
- Undertaking ad-hoc IT projects as required by the IT, Infrastructure and Facilities Manager.
Experience & core skills
- Experience of Active Directory and MS Office 365 are essential
- Experience in a customer facing technical support role
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness and potential to learn and understand software used across the business and to train others.
- A logical mind and enjoyment of problem solving
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly (times and location)
Ascot Lloyd People:
- Place the client at the centre of all their actions.
- Are professional, well qualified experts in their field.
- Know their own strengths and focus on what they do best.
- Support each other to optimise the client’s experience.
- Have high integrity.
- Are up front and fair.
- Are consistent in their positive outlook, intentions and client centric thinking.
- Understand that whilst working hard brings results, questioning the way things are done, always looking for efficiencies and striving for improvements in the way they work will bring better results longer term.
- Are supportive team players who keep the interests of the company at the forefront of everything that they do.
Ascot Lloyd values
All Ascot Lloyd employees are expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to our core values:
Knowledgeable – We pride ourselves on our commitment to support career development for all our employees. We welcome feedback and use this valuable insight to help shape future business decisions.
Excellent – We aim to exceed clients’ expectations. We implement comprehensive, flexible solutions to ensure they reflect the changing needs of our clients.
Trusted – We are dedicated to building tailored, lasting relationships, with our clients and their wider families. We pride ourselves in independence to deliver unbiased solutions. We respect everyone we work with internally and externally and have total confidence in our colleagues’ capabilities.
Credible – We are committed to building a sustainable business that preserves the wealth of our clients. We do not make assumptions and take time to listen to the needs of our clients. We are open and honest with each other ether as a team to deliver a consistently excellent service to our clients. We honour our commitments and deliver what we say we will to our clients and everyone else we come into contact with.