Head office – Reading
The statutory and financial reporting requirements for the Ascot Lloyd group are becoming ever more complex, both in the expanding size of the corporate structure and the impact of IFRS accounting standards.
As Ascot Lloyd continues to be on the acquisition trail, this role is required to work with the Head of Management Accounts and the Head of Statutory Reporting to assist with the group consolidation process, hive up of acquired businesses and be the key point of contact during the external audit process.
- Supporting consolidation process, statutory accounting and other group reporting
- VAT reporting and aligning of VAT group
- Providing key data for corporation tax reporting
- Ensuring the smooth running of the external audit process
- Assisting with Integrating the finance functions of acquired companies
- Assisting with company hive ups and simplification of group structure
- Carrying out internal audits and risk assessments of the finance team’s systems and controls
- Assisting with process improvements and development of group accounting manual
- ACA qualified with 3-5 years’ experience
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of consolidations and merger and acquisitions accounting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Good skills in Microsoft Office and other applications – strong Microsoft Excel skills would be especially beneficial
- Able to work with people at all levels both within the organisation and externally
- Willingness and potential to train others
- Discretion and confidentiality
Knowledgeable – We pride ourselves on our commitment to support career development for all our employees. We welcome feedback and use this valuable insight to help shape future business decisions.
Excellent – We aim to exceed clients’ expectations. We implement comprehensive, flexible solutions to ensure they reflect the changing needs of our clients.
Trusted – We are dedicated to building tailored, lasting relationships, with our clients and their wider families. We pride ourselves in independence to deliver unbiased solutions. We respect everyone we work with internally and externally and have total confidence in our colleagues’ capabilities.
Credible – We are committed to building a sustainable business that preserves the wealth of our clients. We do not make assumptions and take time to listen to the needs of our clients. We are open and honest with each other ether as a team to deliver a consistently excellent service to our clients. We honour our commitments and deliver what we say we will to our clients and everyone else we come into contact with.