Head office – Reading
Financial Accountant (Temporary Role)
This temporary role is required to work with the Head of Management Accounts and the Head of Statutory Reporting to assist with the group consolidation process, hive up of acquired businesses and provide support during the year-end audit process.
- Supporting consolidation process, statutory accounting and other group reporting
- Assisting with the smooth running of the external audit process
- Assisting with Integrating the finance functions of acquired companies
- Assisting with company hive ups and simplification of group structure
Experience & Core skills
- ACA qualified with 3-5 years’ experience
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of consolidations and merger and acquisitions accounting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office and other applications – strong Microsoft Excel skills would be especially beneficial
- Able to work with people at all levels both within the organisation and externally
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Drive and ability to plan, prioritise and manage workloads
- Ability to follow processes and procedures in a compliant manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Ascot Lloyd People:
- Place the client at the centre of all their actions.
- Are professional, well qualified experts in their field.
- Know their own strengths and focus on what they do best.
- Support each other to optimise the client’s experience.
- Have high integrity.
- Are up front and fair.
- Are consistent in their positive outlook, intentions and client centric thinking.
- Understand that whilst working hard brings results, questioning the way things are done, always looking for efficiencies and striving for improvements in the way they work will bring better results longer term.
- Are supportive team players who keep the interests of the company at the forefront of everything that they do.
|Vision & Value Creation||P|
Knowledgeable – We pride ourselves on our commitment to support career development for all our employees. We welcome feedback and use this valuable insight to help shape future business decisions.
Excellent – We aim to exceed clients’ expectations. We implement comprehensive, flexible solutions to ensure they reflect the changing needs of our clients.
Trusted – We are dedicated to building tailored, lasting relationships, with our clients and their wider families. We pride ourselves in independence to deliver unbiased solutions. We respect everyone we work with internally and externally and have total confidence in our colleagues’ capabilities.
Credible – We are committed to building a sustainable business that preserves the wealth of our clients. We do not make assumptions and take time to listen to the needs of our clients. We are open and honest with each other ether as a team to deliver a consistently excellent service to our clients. We honour our commitments and deliver what we say we will to our clients and everyone else we come into contact with.