Business Development Manager
Reporting to: National Sales & Marketing Director (NSMD)
Location: Homebased with travel as required
- Lead efforts to establish and retain business growth opportunities. Primarily obtaining new clients through professional connections, developing business relationships, enabling IFAs to build profitable client base, to increase revenue from sales and client satisfaction
- Be proactive, contributing ideas to supporting the NSMD’s overarching business plan
- Identify business weaknesses and actualising opportunities for growth
- To represent the company, generate sales and awareness of the Ascot Lloyd brand
- Be responsible for and take ownership of your set revenue target
- Work with IFAs to develop and help implement prospecting plans
- Build best practice processes to support business development activity, such as the creation of centralised resources and sales enablement tools, whilst meeting compliance and legal regulatory requirements
- Conduct research to identify opportunities with professional connections and assess client needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective professional connections
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Provide trustworthy feedback and ongoing support to professional connections
- Develop existing clients with the aim of increasing service levels and income
- Endeavour to obtain referral business from clients/professional connections – remain in contact with senior staff who change roles
- Identify potential individual opportunities that can be passed to IFAs
- Prepare and deliver presentations to prospective partners
- Aid the design and implementation of new sales and marketing campaigns
Experience & core skills
- Level 4 Diploma qualified or Chartered
- Significant experience in a senior role with previous experience of business development within the financial services sector
- Proven track record of delivering significant growth in both revenue and profitability
- Proven track record of winning new business from professional connections
- Proven track record of sourcing and building relationships with professional connections
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Financial services product knowledge
- Understands FCA regulation
- Effective self-management, proactive
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Displays high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Willing to travel as required
- Used to working in a fast-changing environment
- Fast thinking and able to flex between strategic and tactical
- Ability to follow processes and procedures in a compliant manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Client confidentiality
- Team work
Ascot Lloyd People:
- Place the client at the centre of all their actions.
- Are professional, well qualified experts in their field.
- Know their own strengths and focus on what they do best.
- Support each other to optimise the client’s experience.
- Have high integrity.
- Are up front and fair.
- Are consistent in their positive outlook, intentions and client centric thinking.
- Understand that whilst working hard brings results, questioning the way things are done, always looking for efficiencies and striving for improvements in the way they work will bring better results longer term.
- Are supportive team players who keep the interests of the company at the forefront of everything that they do.
Ascot Lloyd values
All Ascot Lloyd employees are expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to our core values:
Knowledgeable – We pride ourselves on our commitment to support career development for all our employees. We welcome feedback and use this valuable insight to help shape future business decisions.
Excellent – We aim to exceed clients’ expectations. We implement comprehensive, flexible solutions to ensure they reflect the changing needs of our clients.
Trusted – We are dedicated to building tailored, lasting relationships, with our clients and their wider families. We pride ourselves in independence to deliver unbiased solutions. We respect everyone we work with internally and externally and have total confidence in our colleagues’ capabilities.
Credible – We are committed to building a sustainable business that preserves the wealth of our clients. We do not make assumptions and take time to listen to the needs of our clients. We are open and honest with each other ether as a team to deliver a consistently excellent service to our clients. We honour our commitments and deliver what we say we will to our clients and everyone else we come into contact with.