Head office – Reading
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team based in Reading. This position is full time.
Of you are interested in applying for this role, please apply online.
Any queries should be directed to Karen Clifford, HR Business Partner – email@example.com.
The Business Intelligence Team is a unique asset to Ascot Lloyd and a key part of the business. As the Company grows through acquisition; this is an important role in helping to make sense of data and equip the business and its managers with options to make informed decisions. Reporting to and supporting the Head of Client Experience you will also support the team through effective company acquisition projects ensuring these are integrated smoothly into the business, whilst identifying ways to continuously improve existing solutions and to increase efficiency.
- Work with the immediate business intelligence function, management and stakeholders to scope, deliver and refine high quality and relevant MI to drive business improvement and change
- Design, prepare and produce both regular and ad-hoc complex reports for management and stakeholders
- Maintain and develop the production of regular MI for the operations, sales, compliance, HR and financial functions
- Create and implement MI requirements for complex projects
- Provide complex reports to managers and heads of department
- Analyse, interpret and challenge intelligence gathered in order to provide insights into trends and issues that may affect business performance
- Support the Head of Client Experience by undertaking ad-hoc analysis and project work as required, along with any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your line manager
- Work in accordance with procedures, company policy and processes, you will also work lawfully, and in accordance, with the pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety and Financial Conduct Authority Standard
Experience & core skills
- Strong data gathering skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office – and specifically MS Excel
- Experience of Data Warehousing (inc. ETL), analytics and visualisation tools – such as PowerBI, Tableau, Looker – extremely desirable
- The ability to analyse data and provide insight as to what the data is suggesting
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to build effective relationships and influence others
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Previous experience in a customer centric environment is preferred and prior exposure to the regulated / financial services sector would be beneficial
- Previous experience of dealing with acquisitions
- Excellent reporting, analytical and data management skills
- Drive and ability to plan, prioritise and manage workloads
- Client confidentiality
- Strong focus on objectives and sense of responsibility for delivering on time
- Attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to network and make use of a wide array of contacts within the business
Ascot Lloyd people:
- Place the client at the centre of all their actions
- Are professional, well qualified experts in their field
- Know their own strengths and focus on what they do best
- Support each other to optimise the client’s experience
- Have high integrity
- Are up front and fair
- Are consistent in their positive outlook, intentions and client centric thinking
- Understand that whilst working hard brings results, questioning the way things are done, always looking for efficiencies and striving for improvements in the way they work will bring better results longer term
- Are supportive team players who keep the interests of the company at the forefront of everything that they do
Ascot Lloyd values
All Ascot Lloyd employees are expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to our core values:
Knowledgeable – We pride ourselves on our commitment to support career development for all our employees. We welcome feedback and use this valuable insight to help shape future business decisions.
Excellent – We aim to exceed clients’ expectations. We implement comprehensive, flexible solutions to ensure they reflect the changing needs of our clients.
Trusted – We are dedicated to building tailored, lasting relationships, with our clients and their wider families. We pride ourselves in independence to deliver unbiased solutions. We respect everyone we work with internally and externally and have total confidence in our colleagues’ capabilities.
Credible – We are committed to building a sustainable business that preserves the wealth of our clients. We do not make assumptions and take time to listen to the needs of our clients. We are open and honest with each other ether as a team to deliver a consistently excellent service to our clients. We honour our commitments and deliver what we say we will to our clients and everyone else we come into contact with.