Head office – Reading
To assist the finance team with purchase ledger, expense claims and maintaining the integrity of the Accounts Payable function
- Purchase Ledger – Sage 200
- Expense Processing on Concur and Sage
- Assist with the interim and annual audit
- Purchase Ledger – assist with purchase ledger in Sage 200; including coding of invoices, obtaining appropriate internal authorisation and reviewing the aged creditors listing to maintain credit terms
- Prepare payment runs and check that each invoice has appropriate authorisation
- Reconcile key supplier statements to Sage balances monthly
- Weekly review of negative supplier balances to ensure all invoices are received and booked in time prior to each month-end
- Assist with providing samples and reconciliations to the auditors during the interim and annual audits
- Assist with the continued development of finance processes and policies
Experience & core skills
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, particularly Microsoft Excel
- IO experience is desirable
- Sage 200 & SAP Concur experience is desirable
- Demonstrable experience working within a finance department
- An instinctive problem solver who can use their initiative
- Positive, enthusiastic and team orientated outlook
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Highly motivated to learn and develop
- Good communicator, both written and verbally
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
|Vision & Value Creation||P|
Ascot Lloyd People:
- Place the client at the centre of all their actions.
- Are professional, well qualified experts in their field.
- Know their own strengths and focus on what they do best.
- Support each other to optimise the client’s experience.
- Have high integrity.
- Are up front and fair.
- Are consistent in their positive outlook, intentions and client centric thinking.
- Understand that whilst working hard brings results, questioning the way things are done, always looking for efficiencies and striving for improvements in the way they work will bring better results longer term.
- Are supportive team players who keep the interests of the company at the forefront of everything that they do.
Ascot Lloyd values
All Ascot Lloyd employees are expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to our core values:
Knowledgeable – We pride ourselves on our commitment to support career development for all our employees. We welcome feedback and use this valuable insight to help shape future business decisions.
Excellent – We aim to exceed clients’ expectations. We implement comprehensive, flexible solutions to ensure they reflect the changing needs of our clients.
Trusted – We are dedicated to building tailored, lasting relationships, with our clients and their wider families. We pride ourselves in independence to deliver unbiased solutions. We respect everyone we work with internally and externally and have total confidence in our colleagues’ capabilities.
Credible – We are committed to building a sustainable business that preserves the wealth of our clients. We do not make assumptions and take time to listen to the needs of our clients. We are open and honest with each other ether as a team to deliver a consistently excellent service to our clients. We honour our commitments and deliver what we say we will to our clients and everyone else we come into contact with.