Our sister company Avellemy is hiring an Investment Management Compliance Analyst.
Investment Management Compliance Analyst
Investment Management Compliance Manager
Purpose of role
- To assist and support the team manager in the day-to-day compliance and operational aspects of Avellemy.
- To assist the team manager in resolving any compliance issues, queries and/or breaches within Avellemy.
- To ensure that required monitoring and surveillance is conducted and performed to the required standard.
- Assist in helping the team maintain a culture of high-quality customer care and compliance advisory support to the business within agreed regulatory control frameworks.
- Develop a day-to-day understanding of the business and regulatory landscape that Avellemy operates within.
- Assist in providing compliance advice, guidance, and direction to the business on the legislative and regulatory requirements and impact of these requirements, as well as regulatory change, and ensuring application and control mechanisms are understood and consistently embedded.
- Assist in providing second line challenge and oversight to the Avellemy and Avellemy Private Welath (APW) Investment Team, including performing pre and post trade surveillance and investment mandate adherence.
- Assist in ensuring Avellemy compliance policies, procedures and controls are in place in line with regulatory obligations and expectations, including but not limited the requirements if MiFID, GDPR, SMCR, AMLD, etc.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of investment compliance systems and monitoring process.
- Form part of the review and approval process in respect of financial promotions issued by Avellemy.
- Assist in the identification of compliance risks within Avellemy.
- Assist the team manager in managing the Avellemy compliance risks effectively.
- Assist in the production and presentation of compliance reports and compliance MI to various boards and committees.
- Log Avellemy incidents on the Incident Log.
- Investigate incidents and liaise with key stakeholders, assess root cause, and any preventive actions are documented in the incident log.
- Maintain Conflict of Interest register for Avellemy. Ensure effective controls to mitigate conflicts are in place.
Key Responsibilities continued:
- Maintain PA Dealing, Inducements, and Gifts & Hospitality logs.
- Conduct AML / KYC checks when required.
- Assist with the maintenance of policies and frameworks.
- Assist the team manager on ad-hoc projects where required.
- Promote a good risk and compliance culture at Ascot Lloyd/Avellemy.
As an FCA regulated Company, Ascot Lloyd are required to adhere to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), to develop a culture where employees take personal responsibility for their own actions.
Individual Conduct Rules
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Experience / Skills Required
- At least 2 years of experience of working in compliance.
- Some experience within Asset Management/Investment Management/Wealth Management organisations preferred.
- Has a good level of understanding of the FCA rules (COLL, COBS, SYSC, FUND).
- Understanding and experience of applying regulatory requirements to client portfolios and OEICs.
- Confident in being able to assist to solve complex compliance related problems.
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders on various level of seniority to resolve compliance problems.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good communicator, both written and verbal.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy.