We are hiring an Investment and Product Analyst to join us in a Nationwide position.
Investment and Product Analyst
Hours of work:
35 hours each week
Purpose of role
In this position you will assist the Investment Manager (IM) and Investment Director (ID) with providing technical advice to the Executive Team. You will:
- assist with the CIP & panelled providers, including product research & due diligence and producing all necessary information for the Investment Committee meetings.
- help with the administration of the Avellemy solutions, product research and technical Investment Analysis.
- assist in analysing potential acquisitions investment solutions, to provide a smooth transition to Ascot Lloyd’s CIP.
As Investment and Product Analyst you will ensure that the firm operates in a compliant environment through the committee positions, assisting with technical guidance and direction.
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to the Executive Team, offering suitable options to all technical queries within the Company, in particular around products and services provided by Ascot Lloyd.
- Deliver, oversee and develop ongoing projects guided by the IM and/or ID.
- Take an active part in the teams’ overall responsibility for the CIP, ensuring this meets the needs of our clients.
- Provide and produce all necessary information for Investment Committee & Board meetings, enabling the committee to make the correct decisions regarding the products provided on the CIP.
- Provide minutes/meeting notes for Investment Committee
- Continued research and platform due diligence with a formal annual review of the market to ensure that we have the most appropriate solution for our clients.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with management stakeholders of our providers.
- Continued analysis of potential acquisition companies’ investment solutions to assess if they align with the products Ascot Lloyd panels and if they are aligned to the CIP.
- Design, implement and review investment and financial planning strategies to see if they are a fit with Ascot Lloyd and are scalable as the company continues to grow.
- Use of software including Dynamic Planner and FE Analytics to assess investment risk and performance
Key Responsibilities continued:s.
- Monthly production of Avellemy performance reporting and peer comparison documents
- Quarterly production of performance reports and underlying data for the Avellemy Factsheets, QIRs and ICM report
- Administration and record keeping for the Avellemy portfolios including portfolio histories, update of associated paraplanning research tools and making sure historical performance information is up to date via the ongoing maintenance of the models and benchmarks held on FE Analytics.
- Assistance with ad hoc investment research and production of investment comparison reports for individual clients and advisers.
- Work with IM and/or Parmenion to produce client friendly Avellemy trade notes
- Work with IM to place and check all Avellemy trades and rebalances via the four-eye checking process
- Assist IM/ID with general investment analysis and research.
As an FCA regulated Company, Ascot Lloyd are required to adhere to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), to develop a culture where employees take personal responsibility for their own actions.
Individual Conduct Rules
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Experience / Skills Required
- C Minimum of Level 4 Diploma qualification
- Strong technical knowledge of financial planning and the products provided to clients.
- Strong interest in Investments and willingness to undertake examinations in that field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office and other applications – strong Microsoft Excel skills would be especially beneficial
- Able to work with people at all levels both within the organisation and externally
- Willingness and potential to train others.
- Discretion and confidentiality