We are recruiting a part-time Paralegal to join us in any of our UK offices.
In House Paralegal
Flexible, any UK
Hours of work:
21 hours each week
Purpose of role
To support the sole Legal Counsel for the business, covering all aspects of legal work. Ascot Lloyd is a private equity backed acquisitive FCA regulated investment advice company which is in an exciting growth period.
- Commercial agreements; be the first point of contact and prepare draft agreements for high volume and/or low value contracts e.g. NDAs and standard template contracts, SLAs, termination letters and consultancy agreements.
- Facilities contracts – work with the facilities team to ensure the contracts associated with all acquired businesses are transferred efficiently via novation letters or similar.
- Property – act as contact point/liaison with the facilities team and external property lawyers with respect to execution of assignment documents, ongoing property matters etc.
- Corporate – act as contact point with external corporate secretarial providers, in relation to annual filings, routine changes and strike off processes. Manage board action points output.
- Contract support: Support the Legal Counsel with contractual matters in relation to general contract activity. Review, compare and contrast proposed contract terms against existing terms in order to identify and summarise variances for formal legal review. Where required prepare final version contracts for execution and ensure timely facilitation of signature and issue to the supplier, customer or third party.
- Contract register and records: Review and maintain an accurate contract register for all supplier contracts and documentation with up-to-date contract information as well as ensuring hard and electronic copies of all documentation are stored appropriately and in a timely manner
As an FCA regulated Company, Ascot Lloyd are required to adhere to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), to develop a culture where employees take personal responsibility for their own actions.
Individual Conduct Rules
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Experience / Skills Required
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent, preferably with a degree or diploma in law or considerable vocational experience of working in a legal / contract environment.
- Demonstrable commercial contract experience.
- Confident communicator, both in writing and verbally.
- Creative but practical approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task and prioritise. Flexible, and capable of working with multiple projects at the same time.
- Attention to detail and work accurately.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and gain respect of all levels of employee.
- Able to confidently influence individuals when required.
- Professional conduct.
- Legal experience in all areas of the job description is not necessarily required, however the job holder will need to have the desire and ability to learn new areas of legal work.