Our sister company Avellemy is recruiting a Business Development Manager.
Business Development Manager
Hours of work:
35 hours each week
Avellemy is an asset management firm that has been offering investment solutions since 2014.
Those solutions are:
- Multi-asset Fund Solutions (OEICs)
- Multi-Manager Fund Solutions (OEICs)
- DFM Model Portfolio Service (MPS)
- Bespoke DFM
Avellemy has a strong track record in providing clients with solutions that offer attractive risk adjusted returns when compared to peers.
The primary function of the business to this point has been offering the above services to clients of Ascot Lloyd, but from late 2021 Avellemy will be looking to offer the OEICs and bespoke DFM service to small and medium sized third-party intermediaries.
Purpose of role
The investment team is a small and cohesive unit with multiple responsibilities. The role therefore offers an excellent opportunity for the candidate to further develop and build on their complete set of financial services and client interaction skills, whilst working closely with all departments throughout the company.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for kicking off the development of the Avellemy business by constructing a business plan that ties in with the strategy set out by the business. As the scale of the operation grows, the individual will also be responsible for expanding out the business development team.
Avellemy’s focus is on broadening their distribution business, therefore they are looking for a highly competent individual to work in the team covering the UK market. The individual will have extensive experience of investments and a strong contact book for the small and medium sized intermediaries that they are looking to offer these services to.
- Building, developing, and maintaining relationships with third party distribution clients and prospects at a senior level.
- Representing Avellemy across their DFM MPS, Multi Asset & Multi-Manager OEIC ranges & bespoke DFM Service.
- Managing new business development and responsibility for raising assets from the UK market.
- Representing Avellemy at industry events.
- Hitting agreed sales targets.
- Building relationships with HNWs, financial advisers, wealth planning and private wealth firms, conducting meetings and producing a pipeline of sales.
Key Responsibilities continued:
- Creating and executing business plans in line with the business strategy.
- Contacting professional clients and presenting on the current product and fund offerings.
Experience / Skills Required
- IMC Qualification is Essential.
- Minimum of five-years of sales experience in the UK asset management or bespoke DFM markets.
- Previous account management experience essential.
- Extensive knowledge of all asset classes, portfolio construction and financial markets more generally.
- Demonstrable success in promoting and selling both bespoke DFM and Multi Asset Fund Solutions.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, to allow the candidate to talk confidently about the processes involved in the solutions, their benefits, and investment performance at asset class and fund level in the context of the wider macro environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent work ethic.
- Drive and ability to plan, prioritise and manage workloads.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures in a compliant manner.
- Enthusiastic, positive and confident telephone manner with telesales and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work towards and achieve monthly targets.
- Client confidentiality.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- To meet these demands the candidate is expected to be self-motivated, confident, comfortable under pressure, able and willing to present to large and small audiences alike and technologically competent.
- You’ll be a creative person with good communication and writing skills, and importantly you will be a team player bringing value enhancing independent thoughts to the team and the process, whilst being happy to work without the need for constant supervision and direction.
As an FCA regulated Company, Avellemy are required to adhere to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), to develop a culture where employees take personal responsibility for their own actions.
Individual Conduct Rules
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct