We are recruiting a Head of Client Resolution. This is a Home-based role with travel to company offices as required.
Head of Client Resolution
Head of Compliance Advisory (HOCA)
Home based, travel to offices as required
Hours of work:
This is a Conduct Role
Purpose of role:
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the complaints team, all client complaints including the end-to-end process for resolution, reporting to the wider business and driving improved client outcomes.
- Investigate and resolve complaints to a satisfactory resolution for both the client and the business.
- Liaise with PII, making relevant notifications, preapproval of client correspondence and ensuring required reporting is done on a timely and accurate basis.
- To produce high quality written communication, and to communicate verbally with external parties and clients until matters are resolved.
- Ensure that a full and detailed audit trail is on file for each complaint case, with clear notes and all relevant documentation.
- To accurately complete and maintain the Complaints Register so it reflects the current position of complaints received at any time.
- To ensure all complaints are managed within regulatory timescales as per DISP.
- To identify and analyse the root cause of complaints across the business and to develop solutions in conjunction with other departments, to minimise reoccurrence.
- To build relationships with all areas of the business to ensure there is focus on continuous improvement and the avoidance of future complaints.
- To review the outcome FOS decisions ensuring any learnings are understood and appropriate actions taken.
- To maintain internal and external complaints procedures and ensure these are made available.
- To assist with the design and delivery of Complaint training to the wider business.
- Manage and develop the complaints team to ensure they are motivated, effective and provide excellent support to all parties both internally and externally.
- Review client correspondence produced by team members to ensure letters issued are of a high standard.
Key Responsibilities continued:
- To escalate areas of concern to HOCA, including potential high redress cases, trends identified and emerging risks to the business.
- Completion of RegData FCA complaint returns and notify HOCA when FCA notification events occurs such as redress payments over £50K and advisers with 3+ upheld complaints in a 12-month rolling period.
- To regularly produce management information and reports for relevant internal committees and to present this information when required to do so.
- To regularly update Finance with potential redress provision.
As an FCA regulated Company, Ascot Lloyd are required to adhere to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), to develop a culture where employees take personal responsibility for their own actions.
Individual Conduct Rules
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Experience / Skills Required:
- Complaint Manager experience (Wealth) – minimum 5 years
- Thorough understanding of end-to-end operation and client services processes in an IFA environment
- Demonstrable experience within Financial services, with a working knowledge of FCA regulations.
- Experience of working as a key member of a successful team
- Experience of producing presentations and reports for senior teams and Execs.
- Ability to analyse data and produce recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with areas of the business outside of compliance at all levels to achieve desired outcomes
- Confidence and ability to support own views with evidence, and a willingness to challenge senior colleagues appropriately if required
- Ability to navigate differing requirements and priorities within the team to achieve desired results
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Working knowledge of MS Office – including Excel, Work, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience of working successfully in a target driven, operational environment
- Experience of completing Root Cause Analysis and following through of appropriate actions