We are recruiting a Company Secretarial Assistant. This is a flexible UK based role.
Company Secretarial Assistant
Flexible, any UK
Hours of work:
35 hours each week
Purpose of role
The Company Secretarial Assistant will support the General Counsel with providing governance, support to the business, including organising the board and sub-committee annual calendar. Minute taking is not required and maintenance of Company statutory books is outsourced. The Ascot Lloyd Group is a dynamic fast growing place to work, growing rapidly by acquisition. This role is ideally suited to a governance professional with enhanced administration and organisational skills who is willing and able to work collaboratively with others to get the job done. The role is varied with ample opportunities to grow and learn through involvement in wider governance areas.
- To assist with the preparation, collation, and distribution (as applicable) of papers for the board and committee meetings as directed, and in accordance with established board procedures.
- Working with the Executive Assistant and third party investors in diary management for Board and Sub-Committee meetings. Proactive management of annual agenda plans including liaison with contributors to board and committee papers
- Working with the Chairman and Legal Counsel , prepare board agendas and ad hoc shareholder resolutions as required from time to time.
- Maintain the company’s statutory registers and records, working closely with our outsourced Co Sec provider to ensure any changes are recorded promptly
- Assisting in the generation of Board and Subcommittee action logs, including following up on actions
- Responsible for oversight of outsourced administrator providers in Jersey and Luxembourg
- Provide assistance to the wider business team with the maintenance, review and update of delegated authorities, authorised signatory lists and bank mandates and provide advice to the business as required.
- Maintain and develop the Group legal contract database and property legal documentation database
- Maintenance and review of the Group’s governance manual, structure chart and modern slavery statement.
As an FCA regulated Company, Ascot Lloyd are required to adhere to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), to develop a culture where employees take personal responsibility for their own actions.
Individual Conduct Rules
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Experience / Skills Required
- ICSA qualified or part qualified, willing to consider someone with significant experience who is not qualified.
- Well organised, with the ability to manage a diverse workload, take instruction and prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines and excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding and ability to interpret English company law
- Previous experience as a company secretarial assistant or a paralegal in company/company secretarial work.
- Experience of OnBoard (or similar Board portals) would be an advantage.
- Experience of reviewing board level reports and drafting board minutes.
- Experience of a financial service-related organisation would be an advantage.
- Have advanced skills in using MSOffice software
- Be self-motivated, highly organised and methodical with attention to detail.
- You will be able to work autonomously on tasks and manage your own workload to ensure that all relevant deadlines are met
- Previous Company Secretarial experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Exposure to a commercial environment
- Ability to work under pressure in delivering high quality governance service to internal stakeholders
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- Ability to build and preserve critical relationships with senior stakeholders