We are recruiting an Account Assistant to join the Finance Team in our Reading office.
Head of Management Accounts
Reading, but with a requirement to travel to any of the Ascot Lloyd offices from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
Hours of work:
35 hours each week
Purpose of role
To assist the finance team with accounts production, purchase ledger and bank reconciliations.
- Month End
o Purchase Ledger
o Expense Processing
o Reconcile bank accounts
o Assist in other month end procedures
- Banking – transfer of information from bank statement to Sage and keep updated and reconciled; Producing weekly payment runs.
- Purchase Ledger – assist with purchase ledger in Sage; including coding of invoices to obtaining appropriate internal authorisation and review the aged creditors listing to maintain credit terms.
- Assist with management accounts production – provide support to the Financial Controller in the reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with the continued development of finance processes and policies
- Any ad-hoc tasks as required
As an FCA regulated Company, Ascot Lloyd are required to adhere to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), to develop a culture where employees take personal responsibility for their own actions.
Individual Conduct Rules
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Experience / Skills Required
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, particularly Microsoft Excel
- IO experience is desirable
- Sage experience is desirable
- Demonstrable experience working within a finance department
- An instinctive problem solver who is able to use their initiative
- Positive, enthusiastic and team orientated outlook
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Highly motivated to learn and develop
- Good communicator, both written and verbally
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload