We are recruiting a Data Engineer to join our Business Intelligence Team in Reading.
Head of Business Intelligence
Hours of work:
35 hours each week
This is a Conduct Role
Purpose of role
As part of the ongoing work to transform how Ascot Lloyd consumes data and transition the organisation to a data driven culture, a modern Data Warehouse is being built. An external consultancy has been engaged to build and accelerate Ascot Lloyd on this journey.
The project is reaching the phase where the technical landscape has been set and Ascot Lloyd are looking for an additional data engineer to supplement the current Business Intelligence team. The data environment is being built within Microsoft Azure, it is a green field site and is being built using modern best practice methods and technology.
The purpose of the role is to work closely within the team and across Ascot Lloyd to develop data pipelines and Power BI outputs to drive the business forward on its current growth trajectory, through organic and acquisition-based strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to join an organisation that is growing year on year and is set to embark on an ambitious journey to transform business outcomes through data exploration.
- To work with all business areas to seek out opportunities to use data to transform how that business function operates
- Work within the governance and methods laid down by the external consultancy to grow out the data environment and infrastructure in an agile, conformed and organic way
- Develop data pipelines to bring data from source to target and extend that to working with the business to optimise outputs and requirements
- Develop creative dashboards and reporting that allow the business to make key business decision
- Work with the Head of BI to make ensure standards, methods and governance are aligned to the best practice guidance
- Ensure privacy by design is at the forefront of each output and pipeline
- Work within an Azure Dev Ops environment to ensure each sprint is managed and delivered in line with the current framework
As an FCA regulated Company, Ascot Lloyd are required to adhere to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), to develop a culture where employees take personal responsibility for their own actions.
Individual Conduct Rules
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Experience / Skills Required
- Strong experience in a Microsoft Azure environment
- Strong experience in building pipelines in PySpark, Python and SQL
- Strong experience with data reporting and visualisations (PowerBI, SSRS)
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills, willingness to take ownership and resolve technical challenges
- Excellent stakeholder, relationship and communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of data platform services in Azure (Data Lake, Data Factory, Synapse Analytics)
- Good working knowledge of Azure Dev Ops and Agile methods
- Working knowledge of DataBricks/Spark (using Python and associated frameworks)
- Working knowledge of Data Lake and Azure BLOB storage
- Financial Services experience, preferably in the Wealth Management space
- Good understanding of Data Governance
- Working knowledge of Azure Data Catalog/Purview
- Good working knowledge of Information Security best practices