We are recruiting a Corporate Pensions Consultant to join our Harrogate office
Corporate Pensions Consultant
You should have good knowledge of DB pension schemes, trustee governance, and a current awareness of current pensions regulations. Previous experience of managing trust based pension schemes is essential, along with strong communication skills. The candidate will be part of a small consultancy team within a specialist pensions administration and consultancy practice. You will need to work as a team and also able to work independently, self-motivated, client orientated, good attention to detail and adaptable to changing client needs and expectations.
- To be the key relationship manager for all clients allocated to you, to liaise with and co-ordinate the delivery of services.
- To directly contribute to clients’ success through applying your technical expertise.
- To meet revenue and billable goals/targets agreed with your line manager.
- To contribute to the development of services and new approaches.
- To demonstrate a natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients and colleagues.
- To develop strong business relationships.
Client and Account Management
- To provide a monthly update on key client developments and your activities.
- Develop and maintain partnerships in a friendly and professional manner with clients in order to support their relationship with Ascot Lloyd.
- To keep up to date with legislative and industry practice changes to ensure governance and policy management requirements are maintained accordingly.
- To provide in depth consultancy services to all clients and to act as a focal point within the Company for the delivery of all Pensions and Employee Benefit services/products.
- To provide accurate and timely advice on products and services for all allocated clients and for these to be delivered in such a way that provides positive experiences.
- Build strong working relationships with all client contacts to ensure you keep abreast of scheme and employer requirements and developments at all times.
- Keep all relevant employees appraised of client requirements to ensure optimal communication and work planning.
- You will keep all Client Agreements under review to ensure they are current and up to date.
- Ensure rates for insurance of protection benefits are reviewed regularly and policies accord with client’s requirements.
- Prioritise and manage own workload to ensure that work is completed within agreed service levels
- Participate in prospecting opportunities through networking and facilitate new business introductions as part of the wider team.
- To provide a monthly update on prospective client developments and your activities.
- You will endeavour to obtain referral business from the Client and keep in contact with senior employees who change roles
- You will maintain links with the Employer (as opposed to Trustees) to offer any additional services and to keep abreast of Company situation/development.
- Both you and the administration team have a duty to identify potential individual opportunities that can be passed to our IFA colleagues.
- You will keep all Client Agreements under review to ensure they are current / relevant/ and tailored.
- Identify and bill additional fees.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
Legislation and Scheme Design
- Keep yourself updated of all changes within the Pensions Industry both in terms of legislation changes and requirements and market trends generally.
- Provide clear, concise, accurate and timely technically advice on pensions and employee benefit schemes to Trustees and Employers.
- Ensure all scheme documentation is up to date to reflect legislative changes and Trustee/Employer decisions.
- Liaise with Technical Consultants with regard to key technical issues on behalf of clients to ensure client, consistent and accurate advice given at all times.
- Ensure all statutory documentation is provided to the relevant bodies within the time frames (SFS, Scheme annual return, etc).
- Attend internal and external training events to maintain your CPD.
- Attend regular training with the Technical Team.
Trustee & Governance Services
- Agree and attend/chair/provide secretarial services to all allocated clients. Ensure that the relevant number of Trustee and client meetings are organised and held each year.
- Ensure agenda/documentation issued before and minutes produced, and distributed both internally and externally after each meeting in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with and provide support to other Trustees advisers (Actuaries /Accountants /Auditors /Solicitors) as required and organise their attendance at meetings as required.
- Hold pre-and post MaTrustee/client planning meetings with relevant employees to ensure optimal communication and work management.
This role does not require FCA regulation, but may be advantageous. You will be and will be required to retain your expertise in all Occupational Pension Schemes (Trust and Contract based) and Protection Schemes. Depending on experience, we may require you to make progress with the Pension Management Institute and/or CII qualifications.
Experience and core skills
- Self-Starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and creative skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Drive and ability to plan, prioritise and manage workloads
- Ability to follow processes and procedures in a compliant manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic, positive and confident telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work towards and achieve monthly targets in what can be a fast-paced environment
- Client confidentiality
- Team work
- Excellent record keeping skills