We are hiring a Paraplanner to join our Bromsgrove office on a full-time contract
- To provide paraplanning support, ensuring the highest possible standard of client service delivery that is consistent, compliant and provided proactively in line with Ascot Lloyd values as well as being mindful of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) at all times.
- Working closely with Financial Advisers and IFA Administrators to support the client advisory process, playing a key role in providing an all-important, quality sales support function through effective use of software, as well as following set processes and procedures.
- Review fact finds, file notes, client risk profile questionnaires etc. as provided by the Financial Advisers to gain an understanding of the client requirements discussed and agreed.
- Undertake quotes using relevant, in-house platforms or request quotes from external providers.
- Undertake the necessary research and analysis, including fund analysis, product comparison and analysis, fund research and charges analysis.
- Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit the client’s needs, uploading the report into the system for the Financial Adviser to pick up remotely.
- Discuss the reports with the Financial Adviser, amending as necessary.
- Assist in asset migration projects as and when required.
- Instruct the IFA Administrator to proceed with preparation of the pack for the client.
- Pre-populate client application forms ready for the Financial Adviser to discuss with the client.
- Record, monitor and report on progress, completing the weekly logs to enable the Senior Paraplanner to review workflow across the team.
- Report obstacles and deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser and IFA Administrator so that client expectations are appropriately managed.
- Ensure that potential service delivery failures are brought to the attention of the Senior Paraplanner in a timely manner, that resolution is swift and process revisions are made so that the likelihood of repeat errors is lessened.
- Support the Treating your Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative.
Experience & core skills
- Financial Planning Diploma Qualified (or equivalent professional qualification)
- Demonstrable paraplanning experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of and proficiency in research tools, ideally to include at least some of the following:
- Pension Research: O&M
- Fund and Portfolio Research: FE Analytics
- Protection and Annuity Research: Avelo Exchange
- Cash Flow Research: Voyant & Distribution Technology
- Risk Profiler: Distribution Technology
- Product Comparison: Capita Product comparator
- Wrap Comparison: Wrap comparator
- Experience of, or understanding and a willingness to work with a centralised investment proposition, including single fund/multi asset/multi manager solutions, Discretionary Fund Managers, Model Portfolios
- Proven ability to work with templated suitability reports
- Experience of including additional, bespoke explanations for recommendations made outside of the standard template
- Ability to prioritise and juggle workload
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and client confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
Ascot Lloyd people
- Place the client at the centre of all their actions.
- Are professional, well qualified experts in their field.
- Know their own strengths and focus on what they do best.
- Support each other to optimise the client's experience.
- Have high integrity.
- Are up front and fair.
- Are consistent in their positive outlook, intentions and client centric thinking.
- Understand that whilst working hard brings results, questioning the way things are done, always looking for efficiencies and striving for improvements in the way they work will bring better results longer term.
- Are supportive team players who keep the interests of the company at the forefront of everything that they do.