We are hiring a Tax & Trust Administrator to join us on a part-time contract in our Essex office.
Tax & Trust Administrator
Tax & Trust Specialist
The core purpose of this role is to deal with the administration tasks of the Tax and Trust Team, supporting them in providing tax and trust advice to Financial Advisers, Paraplanners, the Compliance Team and other colleagues as required.
- Undertake general office administration to support the team in undertaking the core role.
- Scanning post and tax paperwork
- Dealing with post sending
- Data entry for tax work
- To accurately maintain client data
- Deal with and respond to written, telephone and email communications from colleagues and clients
- Maintain accurate management information
- Provide support on the ad-hoc projects undertaken by the tax team.
- Assist with delivering the core role of the tax team of checking calculations and reports involving bond encashments, pension contributions and withdrawals.
- Assist with delivery of the tax return service offered by the tax team, including invoicing.
- Highlight processes and templates that could be improved, identify areas where a training need exists and share best practice ideas to improve the delivery of the service for the business and for the client’s benefit.
Experience & core skills
- Experience working within the financial services industry or similar profession.
- Basic understanding of income tax, PAYE etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organised and methodical and able to undertake work with accuracy to meet tight deadlines.
- Team player.
- Confident user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Desire to proactively and continually expand knowledge in the areas of tax and financial products to enhance service delivery for the business and for the client’s benefit.
Ascot Lloyd people
- Place the client at the centre of all their actions.
- Are professional, well qualified experts in their field.
- Know their own strengths and focus on what they do best.
- Support each other to optimise the client's experience.
- Have high integrity.
- Are up front and fair.
- Are consistent in their positive outlook, intentions and client centric thinking.
- Understand that whilst working hard brings results, questioning the way things are done, always looking for efficiencies and striving for improvements in the way they work will bring better results longer term.
- Are supportive team players who keep the interests of the company at the forefront of everything that they do.