We are recruiting a Tax and Trust Assistant to work from any Ascot Lloyd office or remotely at home.
Tax and Trust Assistant
Tax & Trust Specialist
This role forms part of the Tax and Trust Team and supports the teams’ work to identify and manage regulatory, financial and reputational risk in relation to tax and trusts for the benefit of the Company and our clients. Core parts of the role will involve providing an internal review service for advice reports, supporting the Tax and Trust Specialist in providing tax and trust advice and assisting Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs), Paraplanners, the Compliance Team and other colleagues as required.
- Report any compliance issues or suspected compliance breaches to the Compliance Manager as soon as they are made aware of them.
- Liaise with other departments across the Company as required including Administration, Paraplanning, Compliance and Marketing.
- Contribute to tax related newsletters and check marketing materials for tax accuracy.
- Operate within and conform to the Company’s existing and continually developing operating systems and procedures and contribute to their further development where required, through participation in Procedural Workgroups.
- Support the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative.
- Review fact finds, file notes, client risk profile questionnaires etc. as provided by IFAs to gain an understanding of the client requirements discussed and agreed.
- Undertake a tax specific review of suitability reports and letters drafted by the paraplanning team to identify any tax consequence for the client or cost in relation to the advice being delivered.
- Revise suitability reports where necessary and offer alternative tax solutions (if appropriate) to meet client objectives.
- Provide support on ad-hoc projects undertaken by the Tax Team.
Responsibilities - continued
- Assist with delivery of the tax return service offered by the Tax Team.
- Maintain tax team process and risk management documents and update for changes and improvements when identified.
- Update tax template inserts used by the paraplanning team in their suitability reports and letters.
- Update, revise and draft technical help sheets and guidance.
- Identify areas where training needs exist and share best practice ideas to improve the delivery of the service for the business and for clients’ benefit.
- Safeguard client data in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Experience & core skills
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with regulations, legislation and codes of practice relevant to tax & trusts and financial products.
- Familiarity in working with Intelligent Office (IO) and/or Digita Tax Return software would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organised and methodical and able to undertake work with accuracy to meet tight deadlines.
- Team player with high levels of attention to detail.
- Confident user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Desire to proactively and continually expand knowledge in the areas of tax and financial products to enhance service delivery for the Company and for the client’s benefit.
- Demonstrable experience working within the financial services industry, preferably to include experience in an end to end paraplanning role
- Demonstrable experience in working with templated suitability reports.