We are recruiting an Enterprise Risk Manager to work across various Ascot Lloyd office locations.
Enterprise Risk Manager
- To assist in the development, implementation and enhancement of the Ascot Lloyd enterprise and operational risk framework that support the articulation, management and monitoring of the Ascot Lloyd risk profile. The role will support the development of material risk identification, assessment, evaluation, monitoring and reporting processes.
- This is a certification function role.
- Assist the CRO in establishing and embedding Ascot Lloyd’s risk management framework, including the identification, measurement, monitoring, assessment and reporting of risks in the Ascot Lloyd business.
- Assist with the development of a risk categorisation model fit for the Ascot Lloyd business.
- Develop a risk appetite framework with appropriate risk metrics for ongoing reporting and monitoring.
- Ensure that Ascot Lloyd has an effective risk policy suite and that such risk policy suite is embedded in the business.
- Oversee and coordinate function risk registers and provide effective challenge with respect to the adequacy and effectiveness of front-line controls.
- Responsible for the coordination of the ICAAP processes and report and engage with the finance team with respect to the calculation and monitoring of regulatory capital requirements.
- Assist the CRO with the preparation of reports to relevant boards and committees, highlighting any specific high-risk areas, management of actions and risk appetite metrics.
- To be a key risk contact / liaison point for the functional areas within the Ascot Lloyd business.
- To participate and provide risk input into projects and acquisitions, where required.
- Ensure that regulatory related risks and controls are challenged and captured via the appropriate risk management process and reported to appropriate committees and/or boards.
- Help develop and implement an operational risk training programme to be adopted by all Ascot Lloyd functional areas.
- Provide technical support and training to the wider risk and compliance team to maximise added value and efficient use of resources.
- Promote a good risk and compliance culture at Ascot Lloyd.
Experience and core skills
- Risk management experience within financial services.
- Confident guiding senior executives on risk matters
- Sound understanding of the business environment in which Ascot Lloyd operates.
- Experience of improving processes to ensure the company is controlled effectively.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
Ascot Lloyd people
- Place the client at the centre of all their actions
- Are professional, well qualified experts in their field
- Know their own strengths and focus on what they do best
- Support each other to optimise the client's experience
- Have high integrity
- Are up front and fair
- Are consistent in their positive outlook, intentions and client centric thinking
- Understand that whilst working hard brings results, questioning the way things are done, always looking for efficiencies and striving for improvements in the way they work will bring better results longer term
- Are supportive team players who keep the interests of the company at the forefront of everything that they do