Tuesday 29th November and Wednesday 30th November.
You may recall from previous articles, we are very proud to have partnered with The Tree Council this year, supporting their campaign to plant more trees and hedgerows around the UK. This not only helps communities come together to improve their local environment, but it also has a positive impact on the local wildlife too.
National Tree Week is the UK’s largest annual tree celebration to mark the start of the tree planting season and this year we are delighted to offer our clients and colleagues the opportunity to take part. You can join other volunteers to plant and care for trees and hedgerows in the South Downs, with a particular focus on connecting habitats for local wildlife.
The planting will take place at Adhurst Estate Allotments which is a local community hub in the heart of the South Downs National Park. The allotments offer 115 local people the opportunity to grow both edibles and ornamentals. The 5-hectare plot is also home to the Petersfield Community Garden, the Adhurst Community Orchard, wildlife hedgerows, wildflower areas, new tree plantations, a tree propagation area and a wildlife friendly river walk along the Ashford stream.
The aim of the tree planting days is to improve the habitat and connectivity for local wildlife species and volunteers will be able to participate in a variety of activities including:
- Hedgerow enhancements – planting to create better more biodiverse hedgerows
- Planting hazel trees across the site to help connect habitats for local dormice
- Managing and regenerating hedgerows to support the local dormice
- Caring for orchards and meadows by helping to clear vegetation and mulching
- Creating dead hedges (piles of branches and twigs) to provide valuable habitat and shelter for nesting birds and mammals
- Creating a Miyawaki Forest Plot, a brilliant way of increasing biodiversity
- Assisting with tree propagation and gaining an understanding of tree propagation techniques.
The volunteering days will take place on:
Dates: Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 November
Time: 10 am – 4 pm
Location: Adhurst Estate Allotments, Watersfield Road, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU32 2AT
If you would like to join either one of these planting days, please let us know either via your financial adviser or by completing the form by using the link below, and we will share further details with you.
In the meantime, if you would like more information about The Tree Council and their work please visit its website.
Ascot Lloyd can help with:
- Planning for retirement
- Inheritance Tax planning*
- Investment planning
- Business financial planning