Hopefully you’ll know by now, through our previous articles, about our partnership with Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust and our joint commitment to supporting stronger environmental protection, wellbeing and the improvement of public spaces for the benefit of local communities.
Here at Ascot Lloyd, our focus is on the financial wellbeing of our clients, however now more than ever, many are investing more time in to looking after all aspects of their wellbeing.
Our friends at The Wildlife Trusts have been busy promoting ways you can do just that by getting closer to nature. Ideas such as how to make a log shelter, create a mini pond, or feed the birds in your garden, are perfect activities to enjoy outdoors this autumn. These initiatives not only benefit local wildlife and the environment, but they can improve your overall wellbeing too.
The Wildlife Trusts have produced a useful video in conjunction with Dr Amir Khan about simple things that you can do to boost your wellbeing naturally. Getting outdoors and being with nature can have a profound effect on all of us and make us happier and healthier.
5 natural ways to improve our overall wellbeing:
- Be active - go outside for a walk in your local park or nature reserve
- Take notice – of the nature on your doorstep
- Connect – with both your natural environment but also with other people too; share your wildlife experiences
- Keep learning – keeping the brain active has all sorts of benefits; learn something new outside
- Give – helping your local wild spaces recover and thrive feels good and can help give us purpose
With crisp autumn days on the horizon, we hope that you’ll be able to take advantage of spending more time in your garden or local green spaces over the coming weeks, and that you’ll feel the benefits to your physical and mental wellbeing of doing so.
For more information about Ascot Lloyd’s partnership with Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust, please see here.
For more information about nature for wellbeing from The Wildlife Trusts, please see here.
Ascot Lloyd can help with:
- Planning for retirement
- Inheritance Tax planning
- Investment planning
- Business financial planning