The annual Ascot Lloyd ‘Walking Challenge’ has raised a fantastic £1,550 for mental health charities across the UK. Our focus for 2019’s Walking Challenge was mental health awareness and we are delighted to be able to share this money across charities that do such important work. Staff across the business were split into teams of twelve, eight and six.
First and second place in each category win £300 and £150 respectively to donate to a mental health charity of their choosing.
There was also a bonus £100 prize for the two teams who came up with the best name. Our results are below:
Team of 12
1st place = Manic Feed Preachers
- Prize = £300 donation to JustB
2nd place = STePs
- Prize = £150 donation to Mind
Team of 8
1st place = Your Pace or Mine
- Prize = £300 donation to Sport in Mind
2nd place = Wolverhampton Walking Wanderers
- Prize = £150 donation to Pets as Therapy
Team of 6
1st place = Twisted Blisters
- Prize = £300 donation to Mind
2nd place = Game of Toes
- Prize = £150 donation to The Kaleidoscope Group
Best team names
- Cirque Du Sore Legs
- Prize = £100 donation to Combat Stress
- Manic Feet Preachers
- Prize = £100 donation to JustB
Thank you to everyone for taking part in 2019’s Walking Challenge. We look forward to competing again in 2020!